How many calories are in one curry?
A single portion of takeaway curry can contain over 1,000 calories and a huge amount of saturated fat, salt and sugar. You’d need to cycle for about three hours to burn it off. The best way to enjoy your favourite dishes is to ditch the takeaway and make your own.
How many calories are in a Chinese takeaway curry?
Total calories = 615 calories
The ready meal portion is fairly large, but we aren’t convinced we could enjoy a smaller portion and stop ourselves eating the whole lot!
Is curry good for weight loss?
Curry leaves when consumed regularly fight bad cholesterol and attack the body fat, cutting down on obesity. They also contain an essential ingredient, mahanimbine, which has fat-burning properties. They also lower lipid levels and triglycerides stored in the body, the major weight gain contributors.
What curry has the least calories?
Veggie curries – cauliflower, chick peas, lentil (dhal), aubergine or spinach – are good for boosting filling fibre. Dry dishes, such as tandoori, tikka or bhuna, are usually much lower in calories than those with sauce. Tandoori has around 370 calories per serving.
How many calories are in a spicy chicken curry?
There are 437 calories in 1 serving (350 g) of Woolworths Spicy Chicken Curry.
What is the healthiest takeaway curry?
- Try to avoid: any creamy curries, such as korma, passanda or masala with pilau rice, naan, bhajis, pakoras and poppadoms.
- Healthier options: tandoori-cooked meat or jalfrezi or madras with chicken, prawns or vegetables, plain rice and chapatti.
What is the lowest calorie Chinese food to eat?
13 Healthiest Chinese Food Takeout Options
- Steamed dumplings. Dumplings offered at a Chinese restaurant are pockets of dough filled with seasoned meat and vegetables, usually pork and cabbage. …
- Hot and sour soup or egg drop soup. …
- Moo goo gai pan. …
- Beef and broccoli. …
- Chop suey. …
- Chicken and broccoli. …
- Baked salmon. …
- Happy family.
What is lowest calorie takeaway?
- Chicken and Broccoli (1 cup): 280 calories. …
- Fish and Chips with Curry Sauce: 900 calories.
- Battered Jumbo Sausage: 400 calories.
- Chicken Kebab Meat and Chips: 498 calories.
- Chips – Small Tray: 397 calories.
- Chicken Kebab – Small with Salad: 350 calories.
- 50/50 Mixed Chicken & Donna Kebab – Meat Only: 275 calories.