How many railways are in Thailand?
Thailand has 4,431 kilometers of meter gauge railway tracks not including mass transit lines in Bangkok. All national rail services are managed by the State Railway of Thailand.
Does Thailand have a railroad?
The railway network of Thailand is managed and operated by the State Railway of Thailand (SRT) and has a route length of 4,346 km (2,700 mi).
What is the rail width standard of Thai railway currently using?
At present, the State Railway of Thailand uses a 1-metre gauge.
How do I buy a train ticket in Thailand?
How to buy train tickets in Thailand
- Buy a train ticket at a train station – you show your passport to the staff. And provide details of the desired route to book train tickets And pay by cash. …
- Buy train tickets online – You can book train tickets 24 hours a day. By computer or mobile.
Is Thailand a state?
Thailand (Thai: ประเทศไทย), known formerly as Siam and officially as the Kingdom of Thailand, is a country in Southeast Asia.
How do I get from Bangkok to Phuket by train?
BANGKOK TO PHUKET BY TRAIN
- Make your way to Hua Lamphong Station. You can take the MRT to Hua Lamphong Station. …
- At Hua Lamphong Station take the train to Surat Thani. Travel time is between 8 hours 40 minutes to as long as 12 hours, depending on the train. …
- At Surat Thani Station, take a bus to Phuket.
How do I get from Bangkok to Pattaya by train?
Bangkok to Pattaya Trains
- The fastest train service from Bangkok to Pattaya is Train #997 departing at 06:45 which is scheduled to complete the journey in 2 hours 28 minutes.
- Both trains are often delayed on route and you should allow at least 1 hour for delays if you are arranging any onward transport from Pattaya.