Where can I report unsolicited text messages in Singapore?
Call our toll-free number 1800 248 0771.
How do I complain about spam text messages?
For registering the complaint through SMS, the subscriber should forward the SMS to 1909 in the following format: The UCC, XXXXXXXXX, dd/mm/yy where XXXXXXXXXX is the telephone number or header of the UCC.
How do I report a scammer text?
Texting fraud includes SMiShing and other texting scams.
- Forward suspicious text messages to SPAM (7726). …
- If you think a caller is trying to scam you, hang up. …
- Forward a suspicious text message to the Anti-Phishing Working Group at email@example.com.
- Report suspicious texts to the FTC.
How do I stop spam messages in Singapore?
Blocking spam calls/SMS.
- Tap the blue “i” info icon beside the scam caller or sender. (Additional step for SMS: Tap the name of the sender.)
- Scroll down the contact card and tap Block this Caller.
Can you report unsolicited texts?
Report it on the messaging app you use. Look for the option to report junk or spam. Copy the message and forward it to 7726 (SPAM). Report it to the Federal Trade Commission at ReportFraud.ftc.gov.
What happens if I answer a spam call?
If you answer the call, your number is considered ‘good’ by the scammers, even if you don’t necessarily fall for the scam. They will try again because they know someone on the other side is a potential victim of fraud. The less you answer, the fewer robocalls you will receive.
How do I stop receiving spam texts?
Do check your phone’s settings
For Android phones, look for the three dots in the top right-hand corner of your text. Click on it and select “People” and “Options.” Next, select “Block” to stop receiving spam text messages from that number. For iPhones, click on the “i” in the top right-hand corner of the spam text.
What happens when you report spam on a text message?
If you report spam, Google will get a copy of up to 10 of the spammer’s last messages so we can improve spam detection across Google products. Your past replies to the spammer are not sent to Google. Your name and phone number are not linked to the spammer’s messages. The spammer won’t see or know about your report.
Should you reply stop to spam texts?
Don’t reply to junk or spam text messages.
Replying to spammers, even by saying the word “stop,” shows them the phone number is valid. In fact, any reply encourages future contact.
How do you tell if a scammer is texting you?
4 ways to identify scam text messages
- Abnormally long numbers. If a text message is legitimate, it’s usually from a number 10 digits or less. …
- Family crisis texts. Receiving news of a family crisis is alarming. …
- Text refund. Another common text scam comes in the form of a text refund. …
- Random prizes.