YOUR IPHONE MUST BE UNLOCKED (it’s free and MUCH easier to do than you think). No matter what version iphone you have, if it is “carrier locked” to a specific mobile carrier, you will not be able to use a local Thailand sim card in it.
Do US phones work in Thailand?
1. Using a U.S. Cell Phone in Thailand – Most American cell phones are locked. What that means is you can only use them with a certain carrier so, if you’re using your cell phone with AT&T, you can’t just come to Thailand, buy a Thai SIM card and connect to a Thai network. Your locked phone won’t let you.
How do I get my iPhone to work internationally?
6 things to do with your iPhone before traveling internationally
- Make sure your iPhone is unlocked. …
- Familiarize yourself with WiFi-based services. …
- Turn off data roaming before you go. …
- Get an eSIM data plan. …
- Reset your usage statistics. …
- Update your multi-factor authentication steps.
Is iPhone cheaper in Thailand?
Thailand (Starts Rs 89,250 and is almost Rs 10,650 cheaper)
In Thailand, Apple iPhone XS (64GB) sells at 39,900 Thai Baht after taxes which translates to around Rs 89,250 in India. The iPhone XS starting price in India at Rs 99,900.
Will my cell phone work in Thailand?
It is very easy to get a SIM card for your cell phone in Thailand. … Really all you need to do before you arrive in Thailand is make sure that your phone is unlocked (able to work outside of the network you are currently using) and operates on the GSM network.
Can you use WhatsApp in Thailand?
As long you are connected to the internet you can use Whatsapp regardless where you are. So you may use wifi connection on most places in Thailand or buy SIM card to your phone.
How can I use my phone without international charges?
Even if you decide to get a local SIM card, these tips will help you out by saving data abroad.
- Turn off roaming. This stops cellular data use so you won’t be paying extra for a plan you don’t have. …
- Stop apps from sucking your data in the background. …
- Turn off automatic downloads. …
- Track cellular usage.
Can I use my iPhone abroad without charges?
You can connect your iPhone using a local Wi-Fi connection. … You can use this same connection for your iPhone. Doing this means you are not billed for roaming data. The only charge might be if a particular Wi-Fi hotspot charges for access, and you should be informed of that before you can start using the connection.
What should I do with my phone when traveling internationally?
Here are your easiest options.
- Put your phone in airplane mode. Only use it (besides features such as the camera) when you can connect to Wi-Fi. …
- Get an international plan. Every phone carrier offers its customers international plans, which vary. …
- Buy a prepaid SIM card.
How can I use my phone in another country?
How to Use Your Smartphone Overseas
- Make Sure Your Phone Will Work in Your Destination.
- Check for International Roaming Packages.
- Find Out If It’s Unlocked.
- Turn Off Cell Data (and Use Wi-Fi Instead)
- Use Google Voice or Skype Instead of Making Calls.
How do I turn on international texting on my iPhone?
To text internationally via iMessage, first turn off your Cellular Data. Next, check that your iMessage app is enabled. Open Settings. Scroll down and tap on Messages.
How do I turn on international roaming?
How to Activate International Roaming on Android Phones
- Tap “Settings.”
- Click “Connections.”
- Select “Mobile networks.”
- Switch on “Data roaming.”