Bangkok is in an alluvial plain and approximately 1.50–2.0 m above sea level. The Chao Phraya River flows through the city for 25 km before flowing into the Gulf of Thailand. It is 1500 km north of equator, meaning that it receives a large amount of heat radiation from the Sun.
What physical features are in Thailand?
Thailand has six different types of terrain.
- mountains and Plains of the North. …
- Central Plains. …
- Northeastern Plateaus. …
- High Mountains of the West. …
- Mountains and Coastal Plains of the East. …
- Mountains, Plateaus, Coastal Plains and Islands of the South.
What are the characteristics of Bangkok?
Here are 5 of the main reasons.
- Beautiful palaces throughout the city. …
- Street Food Bangkok’s food is cheap, delicious, social and convenient.
- Shopping Bangkok is one of the world’s largest shopping cities, It has bargain prices, variety, markets and air conditioned malls.
What religion is in Thailand?
Religions by region
|Religion in Thailand (2015)|
Why is Bangkok interesting?
Bangkok is considered the world’s hottest city (by mean average) Although the summer heat is not completely unbearable, Bangkok has high temperatures throughout the year making it the world’s hottest city according to the World Meteorological Organisation.
Why is it called Bangkok?
Why is it now known as Bangkok? There are thought to be a few reasons as to why we now know the city as Bangkok. One reason is that the name may come from the two Thai words Bang meaning ‘village located on a stream’ and perhaps Ko meaning ‘island’.
Is Bangkok megacity?
Bangkok Population Growth
By 2030, Bangkok is expected to become one of the world’s megacities with a population surpassing 10 million.