What side of road do they drive in Thailand?

In Thailand, vehicles drive to the left hand side of the road and speed limits are expressed in kilometres per hour. Road signs are also expressed in both English and Thai. When driving in Thailand it’s important to remember that road ‘rules’ and etiquette are different than what you may be used to at home.

Does Thailand drive on left?

There are also a few other territories with no particular connection to British history, but which drive on the left all the same: Thailand, Indonesia, Japan, Macau. … In all, about 65% of the world’s population are in right-driving countries; the remaining 35% are in left-driving ones.

Which countries drive on the right list?

List of all left- & right-driving countries around the world

Country / state / territory drive(s) on the left / right
Albania drives on the right
Algeria drives on the right
American Samoa drives on the right
Andorra drives on the right

Why do the English drive on the left?

Traffic congestion in 18th century London led to a law being passed to make all traffic on London Bridge keep to the left in order to reduce collisions. This rule was incorporated into the Highway Act of 1835 and was adopted throughout the British Empire. … Today, only 35% of countries drive on the left.

THIS IS INTERESTING:  Best answer: Can you use iPhone in Indonesia?

Can foreigners drive in Thailand?

For an international driver’s license (Can only be done at The Department of Land Transport) An international driving license is accepted as long as it is valid, but a foreign license is not accepted in Thailand. If you are a resident and eligible, you should obtain a Thai Driver’s License.

Is it safer to drive on the left or right?

It has been noticed that countries that drive on the left side of the road have considerably fewer traffic accidents and fatalities than those that drive on the right side of the road. A study performed in 1969 by J.J. … In right handed traffic, this important responsibility is relegated to the weaker left eye.

Travel in you