How do I seek help for mental health in Singapore?
Ways to Get Help
- Consult a doctor or mental health professional.
- Talk to family members and friends.
- Find support in online forums.
- Join a peer support group.
- Call SAMH Counselling Hotline at 1800 283 7019 (toll-free)
Where can I get mental help in Singapore?
Where to get free counselling help
|AWARE||Call 1800-777 5555|
|Care Corner Counselling Centre||Call 1800-353 5800|
|Fei Yue eCounselling Centre||Visit www.ec2.sg|
|Samaritans of Singapore (SOS)||Call 1800–221 4444|
Where do I go if Im struggling with mental health?
Call 1-800-273-TALK (8255) to reach a 24-hour crisis center, text MHA to 741741, call 911, or go to the nearest emergency room. Find a local MHA affiliate who can provide services.
How do I seek professional help for mental illness?
Your doctor (GP)
- make a diagnosis.
- offer you support and treatments (such as talking therapies and medication)
- refer you to a mental health specialist, such as a psychiatrist.
- recommend local support options.
Can I go to Polyclinic for anxiety?
The mental health services at polyclinics treat common problems such as depression, insomnia or anxiety disorders.
Who can I talk to about my problems in Singapore?
Helplines for Specific Support
|National CARE Hotline||1800 202 6868|
|Clarity Singapore Limited||6757 7990|
|Singapore Association for Mental Health||1800 283 7019 8511 2678|
|Silver Ribbon (Singapore)||6385 3714 6386 1928 6509 0271|
|Viriya Therapy Centre||6256 1311|
What are the signs of a mentally unstable person?
- Feeling sad or down.
- Confused thinking or reduced ability to concentrate.
- Excessive fears or worries, or extreme feelings of guilt.
- Extreme mood changes of highs and lows.
- Withdrawal from friends and activities.
- Significant tiredness, low energy or problems sleeping.
What are the stages of mental illness?
There are generally considered to be six stages to recovery from mental illness, as follows:
- Acceptance. When a person has a mental health problem, the most common barrier to them receiving treatment is denial. …
- Insight. …
- Action. …
- Self-esteem. …
- Healing. …
What to say to someone who is struggling emotionally?
10 Things to Say to Someone with Depression
- “Do you want some space?” …
- “I’m here for you” …
- “I love you” …
- “Take as long as you need” …
- “You don’t need to do anything that makes you uncomfortable” …
- “Everything is going to be OK” …
- “I don’t think you’re crazy” …
- “You’re a good person”
How do I know if I’m in crisis?
Warning Signs of a Mental Health Crisis
Inability to perform daily tasks, bathing, getting dressed, etc. Rapid mood swings. Increased agitation, risk-taking/out of control behavior. Abusive behavior to self or someone else.
What is a mental health crisis or emergency?
A mental health crisis is when you feel at breaking point, and you need urgent help. You might be: feeling extremely anxious and having panic attacks or flashbacks. feeling suicidal, or self-harming.