The diseases that kill more Filipinos than any other might surprise you. They’re called noncommunicable diseases (NCDs), and they take almost 300,000 lives in this country every year. The main NCDs are diabetes, heart disease, stroke, cancer, and chronic diseases that affect the airways and lungs.
What are the top 10 diseases in the Philippines?
- Acute Lower Respiratory Tract Infection and Pneumonia** 677,563. 875.8. 776,562. …
- Bronchitis/Bronchiolitis. 669,246. 866.4. 719,982. …
- Acute watery diarrhea. 792,479. 1027.0. 577,518. …
- Influenza. 486,481. 629.6. 379,910. …
- Hypertension. 287,368. 370.5. …
- TB Respiratory. 117,712. 152.6. …
- Chicken Pox. 77,020. 38.9. …
- Diseases of the Heart. 49,160. 63.8.
What are the top 3 leading diseases in the Philippines?
- Ischaemic heart diseases, neoplasms, and cerebrovascular diseases are still the three leading causes of death in the Philippines.
- Deaths due to ischaemic heart diseases and diabetes mellitus exceed their average in the last five years.
What are the top 5 chronic diseases in the Philippines?
The leading causes of death are diseases of the heart, diseases of the vascular system, pneumonias, malignant neoplasms/cancers, all forms of tuberculosis, accidents, COPD and allied conditions, diabetes mellitus, nephritis/nephritic syndrome and other diseases of respiratory system.
What are the health issues in the Philippines nowadays?
The country has a high maternal and newborn mortality rate, and a high fertility rate. This creates problems for those who have especially limited access to this basic care or for those living in generally poor health conditions. Many Filipinos face diseases such as Tuberculosis, Dengue, Malaria and HIV/AIDS.
What are the top 5 killer diseases?
In 2018, the five deadliest illnesses in the U.S. were heart disease, cancer, lung disease, cerebrovascular disease, and Alzheimer’s disease. The other leading causes of death due to disease were diabetes, influenza and pneumonia, and kidney disease.
What are the top 10 causes of morbidity?
According to the CDC , the top 10 causes of death in the United States for the year 2018 were:
- heart disease.
- unintentional injury.
- chronic lower respiratory diseases.
- Alzheimer’s disease.
- influenza and pneumonia.
Which among the infectious diseases are the leading causes of death?
In 2019, two infectious diseases – lower respiratory infections and diarrheal diseases – were ranked in the top ten causes of death worldwide by the World Health Organization (WHO). Both of these diseases can be caused by a variety of infectious agents.