Singapore currently does not support Apple Pay with Express Transit. However, you still can use Apple Pay to pay for your bus or MRT rides, by authenticating the purchase with either Face ID, Touch ID or your passcode.
Can Apple Pay be used on buses?
You can pay for journeys using Apple Pay on your iPhone and Apple Watch. Without Express Travel, you must authenticate each public transport purchase with Face ID, Touch ID or your passcode. If you’re using Express Travel with Apple Pay, find out how to pay for your journey.
How do I pay for a bus on iPhone in Singapore?
Pay for transit at a fare gate
Make sure your device is turned on (it doesn’t need to be connected to a network). As you approach a fare gate or board a bus, do one of the following: On an iPhone with Face ID: Double-click the side button, then glance at iPhone to authenticate with Face ID, or enter your passcode.
How do I pay by phone on a bus in Singapore?
To use the service, commuters simply tap the fare gantries or card readers with their Mastercard or mobile phone, which must already have Apple Pay, Fitbit Pay, Google Pay or Samsung Pay installed.
How do I activate Apple Pay on transport?
- Open the Settings app on your iPhone.
- Tap Wallet & Apple Pay, then tap Express Transit Card.
- Select a card, then authenticate with Face ID, Touch ID, or your passcode.
How do I pay with Apple Pay on bus?
You can pay for rides using Apple Pay on your iPhone and Apple Watch.
Pay for transit with Apple Pay
- At the contactless reader, double-click the side button with your iPhone on the Lock screen.**
- Authenticate with Face ID or your passcode.
- Hold the top of your iPhone near the contactless reader.
Can I use Apple Pay without Faceid?
With your iPhone, iPad, and Apple Watch, you can use Apple Pay to pay within apps when you see Apple Pay as a payment option. … iPhone or iPad with Face ID: Double-click the side button, then use Face ID or your passcode. iPhone or iPad without Face ID: Use Touch ID or your passcode.
How do I pay with MRT on iPhone?
How to use an iPhone to pay for MRT and bus rides
- Register your credit or debit card with SimplyGo.
- Add your credit or debit card to Apple Pay.
- Double click the side button (Face ID) or the Home button (Touch ID) before reaching the gantry.
- Authenticate the purchase with Face ID / Touch ID / your passcode.
Where can I use Apple Pay in Singapore?
SINGAPORE – Almost all credit and debit card users in Singapore can now tap and pay with their mobile devices. Five major banks in Singapore – POSB, DBS Bank, OCBC Bank, United Overseas Bank and Standard Chartered Bank -have signed up to the Apple Pay e-wallet system.
Can I tap my bank card on the bus?
If you have an American Express, Mastercard or Visa credit or debit card or a linked device, you can use it to pay for your travel by tapping on and tapping off at Opal readers. Just look for the contactless payment symbol . Contactless payments are available on all public transport in the Opal network.
Can I use my phone as Ezlink?
Yes. The EZ-Link App works on both NFC-enabled and non-NFC enabled phones. However, the EZ-Link App requires the NFC functionality on a compatible mobile phones to support some of the app functions, such as topping up of your EZ-Link.
How do you use simply on bus?
With SimplyGo, commuters can choose to use their contactless bank cards, or Mastercard and Visa cards added to their mobile wallet# for fare payment, thereby eliminating the need for top-ups. Similar to any contactless bank card purchase, commuters simply take the card out of wallet, tap and go.
Does Apple pay work with a case?
Apple Pay works exactly the same as not having a case at all. Yes, Apple Pay will continue to work with the case on.
How do I use Apple wallet?
On iPhone or iPod touch
- Use Wallet-enabled apps (Scroll down in Wallet, tap Edit Passes, and tap Find Apps for Wallet).*
- Scan a barcode or QR code (Scroll down in Wallet, tap Edit Passes, tap Scan Code, and scan with your iPhone camera).*
Can you use Apple pay on the Metro?
Make secure purchases in stores, in apps, and now on the web with your METRO VISA and Apple Pay! Add your card. Pay for your purchase.